Zenseact is an autonomous driving software powerhouse on a mission to develop groundbreaking AI and software eliminating collisions in traffic and freeing up time for our users around the globe. Zenseact is deploying its OnePilot autonomous driving service on our lead customers’, Polestar and Volvo Cars, coming vehicle platform that carries game changing compute and sensing technologies never experienced in the Automotive industry. Zenseact China’s mission is to develop and deploy Zenseact’s OnePilot autonomous driving software service for its lead customers Polestar and Volvo Cars in the Chinese market and drive the commercial expansion to other innovative carmakers in China.
Zenseact is built on the inventors of Active Safety from the early 1990’s and elevated with highly skilled AI and Software Engineers from other software-oriented sectors. Today, we are a team of 600+ highly ambitious Engineers based on sites in Shanghai, Sweden and Silicon Valley.
- The Chinese automotive market is the largest and fastest growing market in the world and expanding its commercial footprint in the market is a prerequisite for Zenseact to succeed.
- Zenseact is looking for a Business Developer to represent the Global Sales & Business Development team in expanding Zenseact’s autonomous driving technologies beyond its lead customers Volvo Cars and Polestar in China.
- Zenseact runs a partner-oriented business model and in this role, you will be instrumental in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and strategic partners in China
- You will also be operating side by side to the partners in their business development work in a co-sales model.
- The role will be based in Shanghai at the Zenseact China office where the role will be surrounded by colleagues representing all areas of the Zenseact global organization.
- Participate in existing and new customer and partners interactions and dialogues, where you will be expected to Identify, Qualify, Attract, Close and On-board clients that will enable Zenseact to expand its business footprint.
- Lead pre-sales activities and engage in early customer phases.
- Collaborate with Zenseact Marketing team to ensure relevant and directed communication towards clients, as well as represent Zenseact at fairs and external presentations.
- Govern business cases, contract creation and negotiations
- Ensure balanced expectations between Zenseact and Eco-System clients, grounded in Zenseact roadmap and delivery capacity.
- Continuously collaborate and align with Zenseact’s Product organization to ensure deliveries
- An entrepreneurial business developer passionate to take charge in packaging products and shaping business models.
- A proven business development professional with experience from software-focused domains.
- A self-starter with little need of supervision finding it rewarding to operate in highly dynamic and uncertain business environments.
- An extroverted relationship builder and persuasive brand purpose storyteller.
- A people person with a genuine interest to collaborate with colleagues across skillsets.
- A persistent negotiator and experienced contract creator.
- Preferably experienced in high-tech business domains and curious to deep dive into artificial intelligence and autonomous driving technologies.
- Preferably experienced in Software-as-a-Service business models and embedded software technologies.
The autonomous driving business domain is forcing a fundamental change in the global Automotive industry. To succeed in this role, it is mission-critical to find it rewarding to persistently drive customers and partners to transform from traditional ways of doing business rather than strictly following traditional Automotive business mechanisms.
Key prerequired skills:
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering. If you possess an MBA it is seen as meriting.
- Strong technical background, preferably from embedded software development
- Excellent business acumen, and expertise in business development and sales
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to interact in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and orally
- Enjoy working in an international organization and possess experience of working in both Chinese and European or US environment and cultures
- Splendid coordination and organization skills
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.